Sunday, September 2, 2007

This is the first post of the rest of my blog

So, here I am sitting at a big white box that I am supposed to somehow fill with words. Hmmm... It seemed like it would be an easy thing to do. I guess it's a good thing that no one will really be reading them then. If you happen to stumble across my blog, don't feel unwelcome. I would love to know that at least one person can see who I really am. Now don't start thinking I'm a typical emo, insecure, confused teenager who just needs to vent at the end of the day. I'm not. I may be confused sometimes, and I may be insecure about certain things, but hey, who isn't? I just need to put everything inside of me down in writing, with the help of a backspace key and the feeling of secrecy.

Last night I had a lot of feelings all at once. I wanted to run away to a place where no one knows me. I wanted to sit in one place and listen to the silence. I wanted to climb a tall tree and sit up there closer to heaven. I wanted to bury myself in the ground. I wanted to hide in the darkness. I wanted to run out into the light. But unfortunately I couldn't do any of those things. So I sat in my room and wrote words on a page in my notebook. As I was writing I thought about stuff. Words kind of strung themselves together in my head and made songs or poems or whatever you want to call them. Maybe someday I'll find a way to form those word into music that you can hear and feel and relate to. For now they're just ink on paper.

Now, go out and pick a flower, take a picture, run a mile, walk the dog, sing a song, smell the rain, hug a friend, smile at a stranger, give to a beggar, and do something meaningful with today. God bless.

No comments: